Young Artists Showcase
May 1 – May 29, 2021
A.N. Bush Gallery | Bush Barn Art Center
VIRTUAL AWARDS/TOUR: SATURDAY, MAY 15 | BEGINNING AT NOON
MAYOR’S CHOICE AWARD
Selected by Mayor Chuck Bennett
Aofie M.,Age 16, for their peice “Hotel de Ville de Montreal”
BOB and MARYPAT HILL AWARD
Madelyn Dowen from La Creole Middle School
MAPS CREDIT UNION AWARD
Eliza L., Age 11, for their piece “Poppies”/Pastel
POSTER AWARD WINNER – SPONSORED BY The Larry and Jeanette Epping family foundation. This winner’s artwork will be featured on next year’s advertising.
Sadie N., Age 7 for their piece “Rainbow Owl”
ELEMENTARY AGE AWARDS
Ben W., Age 7, for their piece called “Monster”
MIDDLE SCHOOL AGE AWARDS
Madison D.,Age 12, for their piece called “The Mustang”
HIGH SCHOOL AGE AWARDS – selected by Laura Mack
Olga W., Age 16, for their piece called “Mom’s Stuff”
Click here for Timed family admission Fridays and Saturdays 10 am to 2 pm.
Now in its 12th year, the Young Artists’ Showcase has grown into a highly anticipated event for K-12 students, teachers, and parents in Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties.
As many of you know, the Young Artists’ Showcase is one of our most popular exhibitions and represents a great opportunity for youth in our community.
While Covid has made life difficult for all of us, it’s inspiring to see the way our young people have embraced art – in fact, it’s not an overstatement to say that in challenging times like these, we need art more than ever.
Given ongoing concerns about health and safety, we have decided to limit public viewing of the Young Artists’ Showcase.
Here’s what to know before you go:
- Visits are only for participating artists and their families at this time.
- Groups of no more than 6 individuals from the same household.
- Registration is online and one ticket is issued per group.
- Visits are for 30 minutes and only one group will be allowed to visit at a time.
- All visitors are required to wear masks at all times and maintain 6 feet of distance from staff. If you have a medical condition or disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, you are required to wear a full face shield. Children aged 2 and older are also required to wear an acceptable form of face covering.
Once again, thank you for your support of SAA and our community of artists and art lovers.